Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note simply shake for an A!
*Speedshifter supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot play files stored online in iTunes Match.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
ABRSM Speedshifter is a free trial software application from the Audio File Players subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-07-02. The program can be installed on iOS.
ABRSM Speedshifter (version 2.2) has a file size of 7.76 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.